- Certificates are sold in any denomination over $1,000.00.
- Maturities can be set for specific times from 3 months to 5 years.
- Rates are guaranteed to the maturity of the certificate.
- They can be used as collateral at most financial institutions and are normally accepted at 100% of face value for collateral purposes.
- Interest rates paid are set periodically by the bank and are compounded on the certificate semi-annually.
- Interest may be paid to the customer or allowed to accrue on the certificate improving the net yield.
- Balances are FDIC insured.
- You will earn more money because certificates generally pay a higher rate of interest than transaction accounts.
- You will be able to earn a better rate of interest and arrange to have funds available when you need them because you can set your maturity to match your needs.
- You know the rate of return on your money will be stable despite a fluctuating money market because they are guaranteed to remain as written.
- Despite the fixed nature of the certificate, under most circumstances you will be able to obtain money in an emergency by using the instrument as collateral.
- You can increase your yield on your certificate by allowing the interest to compound.
- Your money is safe because the federal government insures it.
- Customers with transaction accounts that consistently maintain an average balance exceeding $1,000.00.
- Parents saving for their children’s education.
- Customers saving for major purchases.
- Elderly customers seeking safe income producing investments.
* Disclosure od Certificate of Deposit and IRA Deposits
* Rate Sheet
Return to the Top